Join the 3M-Movement™
A New Year! A Healthier You!
P.S.A.L.M. Wellness3M 40 Day Journey©
40 Day Meal Guide including a 20 day Plant Based Meal Guide to fight and prevent disease and lose weight! 40 Day Fitness Guide & Scripture!
Your Goal Weight:_________
10 % of your current body weight or 1 to 2 pounds per week!
Health Issues you want to stop, prevent or improve____________________________
P –Daily Prayer To overcome food addictions, and practice daily Portion Control and Moderation.
S— Scripture: Weekly Church Bible Study lead by Bishops, Pastors and Leaders at all levels.
A— Faith in Action: 40 Day Journey of exercise, food and bible study. Journal or Blog your 40 day Journey online at AMEChealth.org. Say your Grace with purpose! Declare that you are no longer overpowered by certain foods and you will practice portion control & moderation to achieve your healthy body weight and prevent disease.
L– Life & Health Assessment—know your Waist Circumference, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar, A1C & Weight. Record on day 1, day 20 and day 40 in a 40 and track your progress on AMECHealth.org. Disease Prevention—daily eat FRESH fruits/vegetables or smoothies.
M—3M Music & Motion everyday 30 minutes for Adults/60 minutes for Youth. Moderation or Portion Control each meal
PSALM WELLNESS 3M 40 Day Journey BIBLE STUDY GUIDE
Week 1—Genesis 1 & 2 – Have you stop eating from the Garden of Life?
Week 2—Phil 3:19 & 4 - Is your STOMACH your God! You can change your eating habits
Week 3—Matthew 4 - Jesus is concerned about your health and your soul!
Week 4—Numbers 11 - No More Manna, where’s the Beef?
Week 5— 3 John 2 & PSALM 100 - Improve your Health today with Praise!
Week 6—James 2 - Faith in Action, starts with your fork, knife, spoon and sneakers!
Week 7- Daniel 1 & 10 - A commitment to become wiser and healthier every day!
Items recommend for your journey to a NEW YOU: Bible, a VEGETARIAN COOKBOOK for the first 20 days and www.vegnews.com for free online recipes, the book the CHINA Study by Dr. Campbell and the DVD Forks Over Knifes. Enroll in PALA, The President’s Fitness Challenge for Adults & Let’s Move for Youth!
If you are Diabetic or taking medication, check your blood sugar after each meal and exercise session!! Inform healthcare provider before participation in and of changes from the 40 day journey.
Track your progress on www.AMEChealth.org
See the attached for details and instructions
40 Day Journey 3M Guidelines and Shopping List
Day 1 to 20
Let’s start your 40 Day Journey to a Healthier You in 2013!
Hydration Goals—8– 8 Ounces of water per day or half your body weight in OUNCES of water per day! Drink water or herbal tea as a beverage daily for 40 days! * If are on a Fluid Restricted or dialysis program limit water intake based on your healthcare professionals instructions!
Nutrition: Variety & Color every 3 to 4 hours and everyday for 40 days!
20 Days—Eat only plant based or vegetarian meals (No animal meat and no dairy) Vegetarian Cookbook/Meals. Enjoy green leafy vegetables everyday in salads, soups or cooked with a meal. Enjoy nondairy milk during your 40 day journey. (No dairy instead try Hemp, *Almond, *Coconut, Rice, Soy or *Hazelnut Milk.)
*Allergy Alert (Do consume nut milk or nuts if allergic!!)
10 Days— add in Palm Portion of meat once per day.
10 Days— add in small amt. of cheese/yogurt and only a Palm Portion of meat once per day.
No white sugar, white flour, added salt, soda, diet soda, no candy, fast food and fried foods for 40 days.
All meals for 40 Days must be colorful and contain FRESHLY prepared food.
Days 1 to 20 starting January 2013
Remove all processed food and purchase: Eat Fresh and Frozen Colorful Vegetables & Fruit, Green Leafy Vegetables, Whole Grain Bread, Ezekiel Bread, Whole Grain Pasta, 7 Grain Hot Cereal (instead of Grits), Whole Oatmeal (not instant), Brown Rice, Wild Rice, Quinoa,
Agave Nectar, Stevia or Coconut Sap Crystal or Honey and Real Maple Syrup instead of Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners and Syrup. (Agave Nectar is a Low Glycemic Natural Sweetener)
Replace Milk and Cream with Hemp Milk or other non dairy milk (no known allergies and Hemp is a complete protein) and if you do not have nut allergies try Almond Milk, Hazel Nut Milk, Rice Milk, Oat Milk and Coconut Milk.
Meat Protein replacements for first 20 days: Pinto Beans, Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Red Beans, Lentils, Legumes, Nuts, Tofu, Hemp Protein Powder, Frozen Vegetarian Meals and/or Vegetarian Cookbook for 1st 20 days! (Diabetic – Please enjoy a Hemp Protein Powder Shake in the morning and as snack. Hemp is a seed, there are no known allergy to Hemp and it is a COMPLETE protein source!) Hemp Protein Powder can be added to soups, cereals, beans, casseroles and other dishes.
Hemp Milk – Recommend TEMPT™ and Pacific™ – found in Whole Foods, Wegmans, Shop Rite, Trader Joes
Hemp Protein Powder – found in Whole Foods, Wegmans, Health Food Stores or order online at www.manitobaharvest.com and www.livingharvest.com.
Drink only water (hot and cold) and Herbal Tea for 40 days!
Meal Suggestions that can be eaten for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner for the first 20 days:
Vegetable Hummus or Bean Lasagna, Veggie Burgers, Tofu Scramble, Hummus, Bean Dip with fresh veggies, Veggie Sandwich, Hummus Sandwich or Taco, Seasoned Black Bean Taco or Burrito with Hummus, Brown Rice & Beans, Tossed Salad and Beans, Vegetable Soup, Bean Soup, Fresh Fruit & Hummus, 7 Grain Cereal, Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles or Pancakes with real Maple Syrup, Nut Meatballs, Larabar™ – Nut and Date Bars.
Start your day with a Hemp Milk Smoothie: Hemp Milk, Frozen Banana or Frozen Berries and Hemp Protein Powder with Fiber
Quick and Easy Replacement Guide:
Eggs—Tofu Scramble with Turmeric Powder, Onions and Peppers
Mayonnaise— Hummus (Make your own!)
Cream Cheese – Tofu Cream Cheese
Cheese—Hummus or Nut Cheese, make your own. Mix Chick Peas with Olive Oil. garlic powder in a blender. Mix Raw Cashew with Nutritional Yeast, Olive Oil and Red Peppers or Vegan Cheese.
Milk— Hemp Milk, Rice Milk, Oat Milk, Almond Milk, Hazelnut Milk, Coconut Milk
Days 21 to 40
3M=Moderation & Portion Control!™
Only add in a PALM Size portion of animal protein and only small amount of dairy! Limit all portion sizes of all food to PALM size.
Your 3M - 40 Day Fitness Guide™ 3M – Music, Motion & Moderation™
Renew your mind and move your body!
Diabetic must monitor your blood glucose daily
1. Variety of MOTION is the key! Use your whole body!
2. Begin each fitness session or walk with Praise to God in song and with your favorite music.
3. Exercise different parts of your body each day. Alternating muscle groups
4. Drink plenty of water!
5. Rest on Sunday or Saturday. Get plenty of sleep and rest during the week!
6. Move to your favorite music, alternating fast and slow music. Your goal is moderate to vigorous exercise 60 minutes for youth and 30 minutes for adults.
7. 10,000 steps is your basic everyday exercise goal + 10 minutes of dancing, hula hoop, jumping jacks, jump rope, your choice & your music + 10 minutes of slow body movement like bending, reaching, twisting or fitness ball or balance on a stability ball for 10 minutes and 10 minutes a resistance movement like wall pushups or resistance bands or weights for 10 minutes.
The Connectional Health Commission of the AME Church, creating a 3M, Music, Motion & Moderation Movement™!
After your 40 Day Journey is complete, we encourage you to daily practice 3M!
Music – move to your favorite music 3 times per day!
Motion – be in motion at least 30 minutes per day for adults and 60 minutes for youth! Try 3 minute power moves on busy days!
Moderation – practice Palm Portion Control everyday! Limit all portion sizes to the size of your PALM!
1. MOTION—Get a pedometer & walk 10,000 per day. (5000 steps per day helps to control blood sugar)
2. MOTION— 30 minutes of exercise per day for adults and 60 minutes of exercise or play for children. You can divide this into 10 or 15 minute segments. Turn on your favorite music and dance in the morning, noon and evening. (Try 3 minute power MOVES or walk in place on busy days!)
3. MUSIC—turn on your favorite music and MOVE. In your car or office - stretch to music or seat jumping jacks. Music can reduce stress, exercise the brain and promote healing and health from head to toe!
4. MODERATION—Portion Control is your secret weapon to success with 3M movement!
5. MODERATION -Look at your PALM and limit all food & beverage to nothing bigger or wider or taller than your hand and/or the PALM of your hand.
6. Eat mostly plant based foods every 3 to 4 hours. Snack on fresh veggies, nuts and Hemp Protein Shakes or beverage!
You need to register